Scottsdale is a city in the United States of America in the state of Arizona.
|The Arizona Canal and the Marshall Way area|
|Regions||Southwest United States|
|Rivers||Arizona Canal, Indian Bend Wash|
|Population||226,918 hab. (2013)|
|Phone Prefix||+1 480|
|Fusher||Rocky Mountain Time, UTC-07:00|
Integrated into the Phoenix metropolitan area, Scottsdale is a fast-growing luxury tourist destination. Indeed, it has developed its reputation around golf with the organization of numerous tournaments, while preserving a historic center typical of the American West. Located in the heart of the desert region of Sonora, the climate is particularly sunny all year round.
- 1 Sky Harbor International Airport (IATA: PHX, Sky Harbor Internation Airport), - Phoenix International Airport serves many national and international destinations.
Bus companies serve the city of Phoenix, from which it is possible to get to Scottsdale.
- Amtrack - Regular lines leaving and arriving from Phoenix.
- Greyhound - Numerous destinations from and to Phoenix. Free wireless Internet on board.
- Tufesa - Many destinations from and to Phoenix, USA and Mexico.
The town of Phoenix does not have a railway network, so it is not possible to get there directly by train.
Scottsdale is crossed by US-101, accessible from I-10 (from San Bernardino to the west and Tucson to the south) and I-17 (from Sedona and Flagstaff to the north).
The city of Scottsdale is designed for traffic, with wide avenues and many parking lots (paying and/or limited duration in tourist places).
The climate and the width of the traffic lanes make it easy to get around the city by bike.
By public transport
- Valley Metro - Public transportation company serving the Phoenix metropolitan area by bus and tram.
- Downtown Morning Express Route Mon.- Fri.: 5 h - 10 h.. free.. - Shuttle to the main business areas of Scottsdale city center and the surrounding car parks. Pass every 10 minutes.
- Downtown Route Mon.- Fri.: 10h - 21 h ; sam.- dim.: 11 am - 21 h.. free.. - Shuttle to the city center. Pass every 10 minutes.
- Camelback Road Route Mon.- Fri.: 6 am - 22 hr ; sam.- dim.: 7 am - 21 am.. free.. - Shuttle to the main university and school centers of the city. Pass every 15 minutes.
- Miller Road Route Mon.- Fri.: 5:20 - 23:10 ; sam.- dim.: 5:45 - 19:15.. free.. - Shuttle from north to south. Passage every 30 minutes during the week and once an hour at the weekend.
- Neighborhood Route moon.- dim.: 6:30 - 21 h.. free.. - Shuttle to the residential areas of the city center. Pass every 20 minutes.
- 1 Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) 7374 East 2nd Street, Tue.- sea.: 12 h - 17 h ; game.- sam.: 12 pm - 21 h ; dim.: 12 pm - 5 pm.. adults: 10 $; students: 7 $.. - This museum is dedicated to contemporary art, architecture and design. The minimalist-inspired building is made up of four galleries for permanent collections and temporary exhibitions, as well as a fifth gallery (SMoCA lounge) which is multipurpose. Between the sculpture garden and the interior of the building is the curved structure of opaque glass and steel Glass Scrim Wall that reflects the surrounding colors, while inside the building it is possible to appreciate the Turrell skyspace where various works of art explore the complexity of the lighting.
- 2 Western Spirit: Scottsdale's Museum of the West 3830 Marshall Way, Tue.- sea.: 9:30 - 17 h ; game.: 9 h 30 - 21 h ; ven.- sam.: 9:30 - 17 h ; dim.: 11 am - 17 am.. adults: $13; children and students: 8 $.. - This museum offers an immersion in the history of the American Great West with the ambition to enlighten the past to build the future. It is intended for an intergenerational and multicultural audience and invites each visitor to make their own visit to the site. The auditorium-cinema located in the heart of the building offers programs in the fields of entertainment, culture and education. A central patio of contemporary architecture decorated with desert plants hosts sculptures by local and national artists. Regular temporary exhibitions complete the visit.
- 3 Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West 12345 North Taliesin Drive, of $19 at $75 depending on the visit chosen (reservation recommended).. - This historic architectural space is nestled in the desert hills on the outskirts of the city. Its construction began in 1937, only by Frank Lloyd Wright and his apprentices, making it a very personal creation of the architect. Several guided tours of the area are offered, from 1 to 3 am.
- 4 Scottsdale downtown - The city center has preserved the architecture of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Today, it is a tourist hub, with restaurants, souvenir shops and remarkable places such as Old Adobe Mission, one of Arizona's oldest missions, as well as numerous art galleries and sculptures scattered around the area.
- 5 McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park 7301 East Indian Bend Road, lun.- dim.: 10 h - 16 h.. - In one of the city's most beautiful parks, there are miniature trains, a railway museum and playgrounds. The park is also equipped with picnic areas.
Hiking, mountain biking or horse riding
McDowell Sonoran Preserve
This reserve covers an area of over 120 km2 and has 200 km of trails. The starting points of these trails are listed below, along with the services offered.
- 1 Brown's Ranch Trailhead 30301 North Alma School Parkway - This trail start features parking for horseback cars and trailers, toilets, markings and water point.
- 2 Fraesfield Trailhead 13400 East Rio Verde Drive - This trail start has parking for cars and horseback trailers, but no drinking water.
- 3 Gateway Trailhead 18333 North Thompson Peak Parkway - This is the main starting point for trails within the park. It features a large parking lot for cars and horseback trailers, toilets, markings and access to the Bajada Nature Trail for disabled people.
- 4 Granite Mountain Trailhead 31402 North 136th Street - This starting point has a parking lot for cars and horseback trailers but no drinking water point.
- 5 Lost Dog Wash Trailhead 12601 North 124th Street - This starting point has a parking lot for horsepower cars and trailers, towing trains, toilets, drinking water and signage.
- 6 Quartz Trailhead 10215 East McDowell Mountain Ranch Road - City car park close to the Quartz Trail that leads to the reserve.
- 7 Ringtail Trailhead 12300 North 128th Street - Starting point in a non-urbanized area, only parking is possible.
- 8 Sunrise Trailhead 12101 North 145th Way - This starting point is equipped with a car park with a few places for horseback trailers, hitch rails, a marking and a water point.
- 9 Tom's Thumb Trailhead 23015 North 128th Street - This starting point is equipped with a parking lot for cars and horseback trailers, toilets and a complete markup. He has no water point.
- 10 Westworld 15939 North 98th Street - This trail start is equipped with a parking lot for horseback trailers, toilets and complete markings.
Pinnacle Peak Park
- 11 Pinnacle Peak Park Trail 26802 North 102nd Way - This trail allows you to cross Pinnacle Peak Park and discover the desert environment that makes up it. The moderate difficulty trail, 3 km long to a difference in height of 400 m, is equipped with views of the park.
Florence Ely Nelson Desert Park
- 12 Interpretive Trail 8950 East Pinnacle Peak Road, - This trail allows you to discover the desert plants that make up the park.
George "Doc" Cavalliere Park
- 13 Park Hiking Trail 27775 North Alma School Parkway, sunrise - 10:30 p.m... - A 1,5 km long trail that will take you around this park which has picnic areas, toilets and two basketball courts.
- 14 Mescal Park Trail 11015 North 68th Place sunrise - 10:30 p.m... - This park is mainly intended for equestrian activity, a path allows you to go around it, on foot or on horseback.
- 15 Nature Walk 6901 North Hayden Road - Along the Arizona Canal, this park features a nature trail.
Stonegate Equestrian Park
- 16 Stonegate Equestrian Park Trail 9555 North 120th Street - This park with two horse rides also has a nature trail and playgrounds. It is equipped with a picnic area and a toilet.
The Town of Scottsdale is conducting a bicycle travel development program in cooperation with the towns of the greater Phoenix area. Numerous shared roads allow you to cycle around the city.
- 17 Canal de l'Arizona - The canal's edges are set up as a walking area, so you can cycle around them and discover the different areas of the city, in particular many parks, while staying at the water's edge.
The town of Scottsdale is particularly famous for its many golf courses. Prestigious tournaments are held regularly here.
- 18 Camelback Golf Club 7847 North Mockingbird Lane, - 18 hole golf course for a par of 72.
- 19 Gainey Ranch Golf Club 7500 East Doubletree Ranch Road, - 9 hole golf course for a par of 36.
- 20 The Phoenician Golf Club 6000 East Camelback Road, - Three 9-hole golf courses each for one par of 35 or 34.
- 21 Talking Stick Golf Club 9998 Talking Stick Way, - Golf consists of two 18-hole courses each, one per 70 and 71.
- 22 TPC Scottsdale 17020 North Hayden Road, - Golf consists of two 36-hole courses each for one par of 71.
- 23 Troon North Golf Club 10320 East Dynamite Boulevard, - Golf consists of two 18-hole courses each, for one par 72 and 71.
- 24 The Westin Kierland Golf Club 6902 East Greenway Parkway, - Golf consists of three 18-hole courses each, for one par of 72.
Since the city of Scottsdale is home to a fairly wealthy population, all categories of trade are found in the main tourist sites and dedicated areas on the outskirts. Below are the main shopping centers.
- 1 Scottsdale Fashion Square 7014 East Camelback Road, lun.- sam.: 10 am - 21 h ; dim.: 11 am - 18 pm.. - One of the largest shopping centers in the American South-West, with more than 225 shops and restaurants, so 40 are the only representatives of their brand in the state of Arizona. A children's playground is available with the theme of the enchanted kingdom as well as a cinema with 7 rooms in the shopping center itself.
- 2 Scottsdale Quarter 15059 North Scottsdale Road, lun.- sam.: 10 am - 21 h ; dim.: 12 h - 18 h.. - Trendy shopping center with a surface of 35,000 m2 with shops of the brands reflecting the trend of the moment, whether in the area of clothing or catering.
- 3 The Shops Gainey Village 8777 - 8989 North Scottsdale Road lun.- sam.: 10 am - 18 h ; dim.: 12 h - 18 h.. - This former ranch is now transformed into a complex of shops and restaurants, while retaining a typical decor of the American Southwest. It is made up of independent shops, centered around well-being, home and catering.
- 4 The Promenade East Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard & North Scottsdale Road, , email: [email protected] variable by store.. - Shopping center with numerous shops in the fashion and food sectors. The main building is topped by an impressive arrow, especially at night when it is lit. with a height of 38 m.
- 5 5th Avenue Shops of Scottsdale East 5th Avenue, variable by store.. - In the heart of the pedestrian center of the old town, this collection of clothing shops, jewelry shops and local crafts allows you to stay in the atmosphere of the American South-West while buying typical souvenirs.
- 1 Portillo's Hot Dogs 10574 North 90th Street, dim.- game.: 10 h - 22 h ; ven.- sam.: 10h - 22 h 30.. - In an atmosphere of the 1950s, this fast food offers burgers, hot dogs and salads as well as a choice of desserts at low prices.
- 2 Habaneros Mexican Grill & Cantina 10392 North Scottsdale Road, , email: [email protected] Mon.- Fri.: 8 h - 21 h ; sam.: 10 am - 21 am ; dim.: 10h - 14 h 30.. - Wide choice of Mexican specialties and salads.
- 3 Fired Pie 15425 North Scottsdale Road, , email: [email protected] Mon.- Fri.: 10:30 - 21 hr ; sam.: 11 am - 21 am ; dim.: 11 am - 20 pm.. - Pizzas and salads made to order with the ingredients desired by the customer.
- 4 Rehab Burger Therapy 7210 East 2nd Street, dim.- mar.: 11h - 21 h ; sea.- game.: 11 am - 22 pm ; ven.- sam.: 11 am - 23 h.. - This restaurant offers a wide range of hamburgers, chips are made on site and portions are generous.
- 5 Bandera 3821 North Scottsdale Road, dim.- game.: 4 pm - 21 pm ; ven.- sam.: 4 pm - 22 pm.. - Steakhouse offering typical cuisine of the American South West, with very generous portions.
- 6 Coconut's Fish Cafe 16440 North Scottsdale Road, , email: [email protected] lun.- dim.: 11 am - 21 h.. - Hawaiian dishes based on seafood and fresh fish.
- 7 Cafe Monarch 6934 East 1st Avenue, , email: [email protected] Tue.- game.: 5:30 - 20:30 ; ven.- sam.: 5 pm - 21 h 30 ; dim.: 5:30 p.m - 8 p.m... from 70 $ out of service and taxes.. - Located in the old town, this restaurant offers a menu consisting of four dishes made from seasonal local produce and renewed every week.
- 8 Franco's Italian Caffe 4327 North Scottsdale Road, mar.- sam.: 5 pm - 21 h 30.. pasta from 15,5 $ duty free.. - Italian restaurant specializing in pasta and meat.
- 9 Eddie V's Prime Seafood 15323 North Scottsdale Road, dim.- game.: 4 pm - 22 pm ; ven.- sam.: 4 pm - 23 pm.. - Restaurant specializing in seafood, with in particular an oyster bar.
Drink a drink / Go out
- 1 Two Brothers Tap House and Brewery 4321 North Scottsdale Road, lun.- game.: 11 am - 23 pm ; ven.- sam.: 11 am - 0 h ; dim.: 11 am - 21 am.. - Brasserie offering a dozen different draft beers as well as a restaurant menu.
- 2 Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill 7014 East Camelback Road, lun.- game.: 11 am - 22 pm ; ven.- sam.: 11 am - 23 h ; dim.: 11 am - 21 am.. - Large choice of cocktails and wine by the glass (two possible volumes) or by the bottle, as well as a restaurant menu.
- 3 Terroir Wine Pub 7001 North Scottsdale Road, lun.- game.: 11 am - 22 pm ; Fri.: 11 am - 23 pm ; sam.: 1 pm - 11 pm ; dim.: 1 pm - 21 pm.. - Wine menu regularly renewed, selection of draft beers and bottle of great brands and micro-breweries. Small cuisine offered in accompaniment.
- 4 Kaleidoscope Pressed Juice 7119 East 1st Avenue, , email: [email protected] Mon.- Fri.: 7:00 - 18hr ; sam.: 8 am - 4 pm ; dim.: 9 a.m - 16 a.m... - Bar with freshly squeezed fruit juice, coffee, milk. Pastries are offered as an accompaniment.
- 5 Kazimierz World Wine Bar 7137 East Stetson Drive, lun.- dim.: 6 pm - 2 h.. - Wine bar also offering jazz concerts.
As the city of Scottsdale is the wealthy suburb of Phoenix, there is not really a cheap hotel. Below are listed the hotels with the lowest prices in the city.
- 1 Motel 66848 East Camelback Road, from 55,99 $ Chamber.. - Hotel with an outdoor swimming pool whose rooms are equipped with wireless internet access.
- 2 Howard Johnson 7110 East Indian School Road, room available from 15 h, free before 11 h. from 79,2 $ at night.. - Located in the heart of the old town with parking and an outdoor swimming pool, the rooms are equipped with free wireless internet access, a refrigerator and a microwave. Continental breakfast is free.
- 3 Extended Stay America 15501 North Scottsdale Road, , email: [email protected] from 64,99 $ at night.. - Hotel has rooms equipped with a kitchen equipped with fridge, hob, microwave, coffee maker, kitchen utensils and crockery, wireless internet access and breakfast are free.
- 4 La Quinta Inn & Suites 8888 East Shea Boulevard, from $89 at night.. - Hotel with free parking and free access to a fitness room and swimming pool, rooms equipped with flat screen TV and connectors for mobile devices, free wireless internet. Breakfast is complimentary.
- 5 Sleep Inn 16630 North Scottsdale Road, from $95 at night.. - Hotel with heated outdoor pool and free shuttle service, rooms with free wireless internet access. Guests are offered a complimentary breakfast.
- 6 Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites 3131 North Scottsdalte Road, room available from 3 pm, free before 11 am. from $95 the room.. - Hotel composed only of suites whose rooms have free wireless internet access. Parking and breakfast are free, and the hotel offers a free shuttle to the area of 5 km.
- 7 The Westin Kierland Villas 15620 North Clubgate Drive, from 218 $ at night.. - Hotel with a swimming pool, a golf course and offering numerous sports and relaxation activities in a very fancy setting.
- 8 The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician 6000 East Camelback Road, from 275 $ at night.. - Hotel offering personalized high-end services to its clients and offering a golf course and a luxury spa, in a refined setting.
- 9 Four Seasons Resort 10600 East Crescent Moon Drive, from $259 at night.. - Hotel with a swimming pool on two levels, a fitness center, two tennis courts, a golf course and many other top quality services.
- 1 Scottsdale Post Office 1776 North Scottsdale Road, Mon.- Fri.: 8:30 - 16:30 ; sam.: 8:30 - 3:30 p.m...
- 2 Scottsdale Airpark Post Office 8175 East Evans Road, Mon.- Fri.: 8:30 - 16:30 ; sam.: 8:30 - 15 h..
- 3 Scottsdale Hopi Post Office 8790 East Via De Ventura, Mon.- Fri.: 9:00 - 17hr ; sam.: 9 am - 4 pm..
- 4 Scottsdale Kachina Post Office 7339 East Williams Drive, Mon.- Fri.: 9:00 - 17hr ; sam.: 9 am - 4 pm..
In case of emergency (police, rescue), the emergency number to call is 9-1-1.
- 5 HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center 9003 East Shea Boulevard,
- 6 HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center 7400 East Osborn Road,
- 7 HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center 7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway,
- 8 Scottsdale Liberty Hospital 17500 North Perimeter Drive,
The Scottsdale Police has a headquarters and antennas spread throughout the city.
- 9 Scottsdale Police Department 8401 East Indian School Road, offices: Mon.- Fri.: 8 h - 17 h.. - Police headquarters of the city.
- 10 District 1 McKellips 7601 East McKellips Road, Mon.- Fri.: 8 h - 17 h..
- 11 District 2 Downtown 3700 North 75th Street, Mon.- Fri.: 8 h - 17 h..
- 12 District 3 Via Linda 9065 East Via Linda, Mon.- Fri.: 8 h - 17 h..
- 13 District 4 Foothills 20363 North Pima Road, Mon.- Fri.: 8 h - 17 h..
Withdrawal of money
As in all American cities, many shops, hotels and banks have a cash machine (ATM) announced on the front. Each withdrawal is subject to an additional fee, in addition to the currency change fee. It is preferable to withdraw money from the bank's ATM machines (Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc.), as the charges are less.
- 1 Denmark c/o Raymond James & Associates Inc., 14850 North Scottsdale Road, Suite #155, , email: [email protected] - Honorary Consulate.
- 2 Luxembourg 21679 North 77th Place, , email: [email protected] - Honorary Consulate.
- 3 Norway 10575 North 114th Street, Suite #103, , email: [email protected] - Honorary Consulate.
- 4 Netherlands 8149 North 87th Place, , email: [email protected] - Honorary Consulate.
- 5 Switzerland 7320 East Shoeman Lane, Suite #201, , email: [email protected] - Honorary Consulate.
The surrounding area
1 Phoenix - Capital of Arizona State, main city of the town.